Soundtrack 2016

Discussion in 'Monstrous Music' started by Johnny Thunder, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Johnny Thunder

Johnny Thunder Haunt Club Moderator Staff Member Hey Haunter, welcome to the Club!

So what are your plans for your haunt's soundtrack this season?

2. InfernoFudd

InfernoFudd Haunter Staff Member Hey Haunter, welcome to the Club!

There's an outfit called Attrition with a record called All Mine Enemy's Whispers which is right creepy. It's coming out of a few rock speakers in the yard. I'll have the Unsettler's Oil and Blood track going on somewhere. Maybe only in my head.

3. Doctor Kristin

Doctor Kristin Haunter Hey Haunter, welcome to the Club!

I have a mix I always am adding and subtracting from. A couple of good tracks from the Haunted Mansion 30th (foyer and load area), some Midnight Syndicate (all more ambient tracks), a couple from the conjuring. Always paying attention to how the tracks fit together and set the tone of a typical graveyard display with a couple scares and projections.

4. Mistress of Mayhem

Mistress of Mayhem Haunt Club Moderator Staff Member Hey Haunter, welcome to the Club!

5. Hauntcast

Hauntcast Haunt Club Officer Staff Member Hey Haunter, welcome to the Club!

My Haunt soundtrack is mix of Virgil, Lustmord, Ugasani and Sephiroth.

6. Johnny Thunder

Johnny Thunder Haunt Club Moderator Staff Member Hey Haunter, welcome to the Club!

I will be playing Hexentanz over and over like a mental patient like always. Until the end of the night when TOT is almost over and I'm completely hammered then its usually White Zombie.

InfernoFudd likes this.
  7. Mistress of Mayhem

Mistress of Mayhem Haunt Club Moderator Staff Member Hey Haunter, welcome to the Club!

OK, I hadn't heard that one! Wicked creepy!
    Have you watched/heard this one? I mentioned it on my segment. This chick is whacked, but it's a good song.

8. Johnny Thunder

Cool thanks.

If you're not familiar with Hexentanz you should research the project and check out the albumn. Whole project is very interesting. Good stuff.

Here's some info in this link.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  9. Mistress of Mayhem

I'll check them out. I'm always looking for new stuff!

When you get time, check out my playlist. There are some fun old trailers and commercials in there...

10. Grimm Pickins

Grimm Pickins Haunter Hey Haunter, welcome to the Club!

Soundtrack is one of those areas we always seem to be very confident about at first, and then totally undermine ourselves later on. Since we both used to play Gothic Americana stuff, we have a taste for some of that stuff... However, using vocal music in the haunt is rather distracting (though we are leaning towards chant like stuff in foreign languages)... We have discussed using stuff like Graveyard Train and The Creepshow for the queue line and folkier metal like some of Eluveitie's Evocation I and Arkona as well as northern European folk stuff like Varttina and Hednigarna. We are riffing on traditional folktale cannibal witches with an earlier American flavor - so both seem to work. This year is definitely shaping up to be a love letter to the horror comics of my youth and traditional fairy tales from the UK and continental Europe...

I look forward to checking out everyone's musical selections - especially since I'm seeing a lot of stuff outside the ordinary!

11. Wallace Manor

Wallace Manor Haunter Hey Haunter, welcome to the Club!

I'll be using Desiderrii Marginis - "The Fog Closing In" again...

12. Palmdale Haunter

Palmdale Haunter Haunter Hey Haunter, welcome to the Club!

Anyone know of something creepy done with Tibetan throat singing style of chant?
    Royalty free and OK foot commercial use?
    Google seems short on help