Pumpkin Flicker Lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Hauntcast, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Hauntcast

Hauntcast Haunt Club Officer Staff Member Hey Haunter, welcome to the Club!

This year I decided to change out the battery pack and wire the Evil Mad Scientist flick light LED boards. 4MHY0_VSmPbAPLp_tEEqrNgFFsHhjf9y.jpeg
    You can buy these at http://shop.evilmadscientist.com/productsmenu/89.
    4MHY0_VSmPbAPLp_tEEqrNgFFsHhjf9y.jpeg
    I soldered the wired from the battery pack to a 3 foot length of 16 gauge wire.
    I discovered that two AA batters give off 3 volts and I had a 12 volt power supply, so I needed to buy a Car DC Converter Buck Step down Module 12V convert to 3V 3A Power adapter.
    Since I am using the waterproof power supply to wire 6 flicker LED in the witch jars that need 12v I needed to solder the DC converter and a operate piece of 16 gauge to the output of the power supply.
    I will connect the DC converter output to the 16 gauge wire connecting the pumpkin LEDs and the other wire from the output of the power supply to the witch jar LEDS.
    More images to follow.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2016
  2. Hauntcast

Hauntcast Haunt Club Officer Staff Member Hey Haunter, welcome to the Club!

Wiring up the Pumpkin and Flicker LEDs. Spray paint the speaker wire brown. Attach inside with a dab of hot glue on the bottom of the flicker board.
    IMG_3587.jpg IMG_3588.jpg

I use covered steel wire which you can fine in AC Moors or Michaels floral department to hang the pumpkins and Witch jars.Wrap speaker wire around floral wire and then wrap both with another length of floral wire.

IMG_3589.jpg
    Use a dab of hot glue to the inside rim of jar to hold wire on place.
    IMG_3592.jpg

Wrap speaker wire around floral wire the same way as the pumpkins.
    IMG_3594.jpg
    Full view of the witch jars before wiring.
    IMG_3596.jpg

Grimm Pickins likes this.