I want candy

Discussion in 'All Things Halloween' started by Johnny Thunder, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Johnny Thunder

Johnny Thunder Haunt Club Moderator Staff Member Hey Haunter, welcome to the Club!

Whatcha giving out this year to the TOTs? How do you give it (mmmmm go on)? In bags, the kids take out of bowl (no that bowl Genius), etc?

trickortreat likes this.
  2. Mattew

Mattew Haunter Hey Haunter, welcome to the Club!

I give out good candy. I don't get many at my house except for a few family members, since I'm so far away from town, that I can give out full sized bars to them of their favorites.

Then I usually go to a friends house & wear a zombie costume to hang out candy, & bring several bags to help out (of fun sized ones). I'll scare some of the bigger kids, by hiding around the house.

image.jpeg

3. Mattew

Mattew Haunter Hey Haunter, welcome to the Club!

The zombie one is what I've done the last couple years. I've got a good selection of ones to choose from.

4. Grimm Pickins

Grimm Pickins Haunter Hey Haunter, welcome to the Club!

Candy... the hidden cost of haunting ;)

We do around 300 - 400 ToTs, and despite the Monday holiday this year, I expect the enlarged walkthrough will still generate that number. We do small candies for the cowardly, and full size for the haunt patrons. We have a decent discount store where we can often get in code stuff like Snickers, Skittles, and the like for 3 or 4 for a buck. I gave out the candy during a jump scare last year, so when they screamed and drew back I'd stick candy in their faces... it was fun, though it did soften the blow of the scare... This year we're operating a table at the exit which will deal with both types.

5. InfernoFudd

InfernoFudd Haunter Staff Member Hey Haunter, welcome to the Club!

There's nothing fun about fun sized.

trickortreat, Aimee and jdubbya like this.
  6. jdubbya

jdubbya Haunter Hey Haunter, welcome to the Club!

Fun sized here as well. With about 600 TOT's it economical. A lot of kids just want to go through the haunt and don't even care about the candy but we have plenty for everyone who shows up. We have one person who is the designated candy doler outer and we pass it out before they do the walk through, not as a reward for having gone through.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  7. halloween71

halloween71 wine zombie Hey Haunter, welcome to the Club!

I do a treat bag or a treat cup..I have used the access cups from my parties for years.I always give lotsa candy and a few lil novelties.I only get like 50 tot but where I live that's a lot.
    I give out fun size candy but each kid gets two of each...which I buy all of the fun size bar bags..so they end up with like 14 fun size bars and a couple of suckers.

8. Deadview Florida

Deadview Florida We Never Go Away Hey Haunter, welcome to the Club!

Two pieces per TOT'er. If we have candy left over the next day, we take it to the homeless shelter downtown for the families who have nothing.

halloween71 likes this.
  9. trickortreat

trickortreat The Nether World Forest Staff Member Hey Haunter, welcome to the Club!

We give out reg size candy bars. That's how we roll.

10. halloween71

halloween71 wine zombie Hey Haunter, welcome to the Club!

That is super nice...I stuff my face with mine.

11. Wallace Manor

Wallace Manor Haunter Hey Haunter, welcome to the Club!

My typical candy bowl. I usually give out around 125 bars.

984242_10203863183392825_4952486824002370665_n.jpg